Flagship Amsterdam is a fast growing and young shipping company in the center of Amsterdam. We offer both public and private cruises on our beautiful open sloops and classic salon boats. We started in 2017 with three boats, and we now have more than 53 boats! We cruise through the canals all year round with the help of our young & ambitious team consisting of over 400 (seasonal) employees.
What will you do?
We are looking for a Communication Intern at HBO level who is available between 4 to 5 days a week to strengthen our team and help with the design and execution of a communication strategy. The ideal candidate, along with the Office Manager, will be responsible for designing and executing internal and external communication initiatives to effectively engage both our employees and external stakeholders.
During your position, you will:
- Collaborate with our Office Manager to create and execute a strategic internal and external communication plan;
- Implement a new internal communication plan (such as Slack);
- Develop engaging content for various communication channels, including newsletters, social media, press releases, and the company website;
- Assist in crafting messages highlighting our company values, achievements, and sustainability initiatives;
- Report on the effectiveness of communication efforts and make recommendations for data-driven improvements;
- Support the development of visual content, including images and videos, to effectively convey key messages;
- Assist in maintaining a consistent brand image across all communication materials;
- Collaborate with teams from different departments to achieve alignment in messaging and communication efforts.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work at a award-winning company, ‘#1 in the Top Overall Experiences in the world’ by Tripadvisor;
- A nice work environment within a young and dynamic company;
- A pleasant working atmosphere and joint lunch at our office in the heart of Amsterdam;
- An internship allowance of €350 per month;
- Possible career opportunities within the company;
- The opportunity to obtain your boating license during your internship;
- Legendary company parties and outings;
- Discount on ‘own products’ such as boat trips and private boat rental.
You are following a HBO course in the field of Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or another relevant field;
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an excellent command of the Dutch language and English language;
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and meet deadlines;
- Basic design and multimedia skills are a plus.
Apply for this job