Flagship Amsterdam is a fast-growing and young shipping company in the center of Amsterdam. We offer both round trips and private cruises on our beautiful open sloops and classic salon boats. We started in 2017 with three boats and now operate nearly 40 boats, and we are still growing! Every year we welcome people from over 55 nationalities, cruising year-round with the help of our young & ambitious team with over 300 (seasonal) employees.
What will you do?
As an HR employee you will have a varied role. For example, you will be involved in the recruitment and selection of new employees, but you will also be closely involved in other processes such as contract management and salary administration. You will join a team consisting of the HR manager and three HR employees. This is a challenging opportunity to be part of an ambitious company where the focus lies on high-volume hiring of seasonal staff. If you love tourism, hospitality and a fast paced environment, this is the place for you!
Some duties and responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and selection of permanent and seasonal staff;
- Vacancy management;
- Planning and conducting job interviews;
- Arranging the on- and offboarding of staff;
- Contract management;
- Administrative duties such as answering mail and whatsapp;
- Support Flagship company culture, encouraging initiatives and organizing staff events;
- Work with managers to provide advice and training on policies and processes;
- Be the ultimate go-to for HR-related questions from both office staff and crew on board;
- Play a key role in absence management, tracking data, preparing reports, spotting trends and providing summaries to management;
- Supporting our monthly payrolladministration.
What we offer
- A nice, informal working atmosphere at our office in the centre of Amsterdam;
- The chance to have a serious impact on one of the fastest growing shipping companies in Amsterdam;
- Fun drinks and company parties;
- The opportunity to get your sailing license;
- Discounts on all our canal cruises and private boat rentals.
What do you bring?
- A completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources (or other relevant education);
- You have 1 - 2 years of relevant working experience;
- Good oral and written command of the Dutch and English languages;
- You are flexible, hands-on and can switch quickly in stressful situations;
- Experience with high-volume hiring is a plus;
- Knowledge of contract management, labor law and sick leave;
- Experience with managing recruitment sites and preparing vacancies;
- You live in Amsterdam;
- You know how to prioritize essential tasks in a very fast-paced and changing environment;
- You are enthusiastic and communicatively strong.
Apply for this job