We are looking for great colleagues for the spring & summer season 2023!
Are you looking for a challenging position on the water combined with freedom, responsibility and variety? For Flagship Amsterdam – a young cruise company in Amsterdam – we are looking for several skippers for the spring & summer season (from march/ april) in 2023.
What will you be doing?
As a skipper you are responsible for one of our beautiful open sloops and the guests. You will sail the guest through the canals of Amsterdam and tell them something about the city together with the host(ess) (who serves delicious cocktails during the cruise).
In your function, you will be:
- Providing our guests with an unforgettable cruise, or private boat tour
- Assisting the host(ess) with ensuring a clean ship between trips and restocking the boat
- Helping guests coming on board
- Ensuring a safe trip for the guests (and the boat)
- Telling stories about Amsterdam and the Dutch culture
- Doing daily (technical) checks on the boat
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Legendary company parties
- A nice working environment
- For skippers on our smaller boats: You have a valid boating license (KVB1), VHF certificate and Social Hygiene certificate OR you are willing to obtain these on the short term. In addition, you will follow our practical training as a skipper.
- For skippers on our bigger boats: You have a valid boating license (GVB) or ´Schipper Rondvaartboot´, VHF certificate and SVH certificate.
- You are available at least 2 days a week, including 1 weekend day. You are also willing to work in the evenings.
- Experience with sailing through the canals of Amsterdam
- Good mastery of English, Dutch is an advantage
- An independent colleague with a flexible attitude
Apply for this job