Flagship Amsterdam is a young and rapidly growing shipping company in the center of Amsterdam. We offer both public cruises and private tours on our beautiful open sloops and classic salon boats. We started in 2017 with three boats, have since grown to more than 53 boats, and we’re still expanding! Annually, we welcome people from over 55 nationalities, cruising throughout the year with the help of our young and ambitious team, consisting of more than 400 (seasonal) employees.
What are you going to do?
We are looking for a dynamic and results-oriented Head of Operations to strengthen our team. As the Head of Operations, you play a crucial role in the day-to-day operations of our organization, actively involved both on the field and in the office.
As the Head of Operations, you are responsible for ensuring the smooth execution of preparations, daily operations, and other activities for our (private) boat tours. You hold a pivotal role with essential responsibilities for optimal sales and occupancy rates, efficient staff deployment and the safety and satisfaction of both staff and customers.
During your role, you will:
- Lead a team of 5-8 Duty Managers and have indirect responsibility for quay personnel.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the daily on-site available and sold tickets.
- Analyze how many additional tickets can be sold ‘on site’ per day, taking into account the booking period for the correct daily onboard occupancy.
- Work in a results-oriented manner.
- Be ultimately responsible for the Planning department, which is in charge of short and longer-term planning. When necessary, adjust staff deployment on a daily basis to ensure optimal occupancy.
- Manage and motivate the team at various locations to achieve results.
- Resolve daily operational issues, such as customer complaints, to maintain a positive customer relationship and enhance the overall customer experience.
- Identify opportunities and implement efficiency measures to stay ahead of the competition.
- Identify technical issues and ensure timely solutions.
- Collaborate with the CAPS manager to develop strategies for finding the right balance and ensuring efficient use of both online and offline sales channels.
- Provide clear, step-by-step work instructions to employees with checkpoints to ensure efficient task execution.
- Make decisions regarding the scaling up or down of the number of boats and staff based on sales results and expected demand.
- Maximize revenue by optimizing capacity utilization.
What we offer:
- 40 hours per week;
- Salary ranging from €3500 to €5000 per month based on a 40-hour work week (depending on experience);
- Generous bonus based on objectives;
- Delicious free lunch at the office;
- Travel expense reimbursement;
- The opportunity to work at a award-winning company, ‘#1 in the Top Overall Experiences in the world’ by Tripadvisor;
- An informal yet professional and international environment with ambitious colleagues;
- Legendary company outings and parties;
- The opportunity to obtain your boating license;
- Discounts on all our cruise experiences and private boat rentals.
- At least a completed relevant MBO or HBO education;
- Demonstrable experience in a comparable managerial role, preferably in the maritime, tourism or hospitality sector;
- Knowledge of operational processes in the cruise industry is an advantage;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly and effectively;
- Ability to make informed decisions, especially in busy situations or during unexpected events;
- Available on weekends and evenings.
Apply for this job