Flagship Amsterdam is a young and rapidly growing shipping company in the center of Amsterdam. We offer both public cruises and private tours on our beautiful open sloops and classic salon boats. We started in 2017 with three boats, have since grown to more than 53 boats, and we’re still expanding! Annually, we welcome people from over 55 nationalities, cruising throughout the year with the help of our young and ambitious team, consisting of more than 400 (seasonal) employees.
What will you do?
As shift manager, you will work on one of our harbours. Along with 1-2 other fellow managers, you will be the point of contact for a team of 10 to 15 harbour employees. In addition, cooperating on the workfloor is important in this position. Your goal is to deliver all boats on time and to ensure safe and smooth sailing the next day.
During your role, you will:
- Oversee the cleaning, stocking and minor maintenance of the fleet;
- Be the point of contact for evening staff;
- Oversee whether boats are docked correctly and address staff accordingly;
- Manag3 supplies and ordering goods;
- Facilitat3 loading and unloading planning;
- Performe administrative duties such as making harbour staff schedules for the port;
- Identify and performing minor maintenance and repair work;
- Organize, coordinating and improving business and work processes, safety and quality on the shop floor;
What we offer:
- 32 to 40 hours per week;
- A responsible role in a 2-shift system, mainly working the evening shift (5 pm – 2 am);
- Salary ranging from €2500 to €3500 based on a 40-hour workweek (depending on experience);
- Travel expense reimbursement;
- The opportunity to work at a award-winning company, ‘#1 in the Top Overall Experiences in the world’ by Tripadvisor;
- An informal yet professional and international environment with ambitious colleagues;
- Legendary company outings and parties;
- The opportunity to obtain your boating license;
- Discounts on all our cruise experiences and private boat rentals.
- You are available during the weekends and evenings;
- You have experience in a managerial position, for example as shift manager, production manager or team leader;
- MBO working or thinking level;
- You are technically literate and have no trouble performing minor repairs to our electric boats;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language;
- You take responsibility and have no problem with making decisions;
- You guard the overview and know how to set the right priorities in a stressful situation.
Apply for this job